Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Real Life vs Warcraft

Some time in the near past I was a passionate gamer.I played World of Warcraft with such knowledge at moments I even amazed my  self. I started as all a noob  but soon managed to  reinvent my self in the game. I had everything I needed there.But in time I did  find out I was missing  things like talking to  people I can see  and their image isnt just pixels.So I did  the  unthinkable  for  me and  quit  3 years long game play. I did get a RL. and I loved it .Till it got  to  me and hit me in the face.

Real  life is like playing WoW on a PvP server.It sucks !!!!!!!


So as I was devastated I was  looking for  an easy way out, somewhere  to  hide  from the world I got back to the game.It  was same  as always , same people, same problems. It was great .Because if you  have time to  think about things that hurt they will hurt  more.That is what those  games know ant  use against us.It is not any different than any drug. you pay  for  it , you  get addicted to it, you  forget  the ones around you. All that matters is online,the family you  have online and getting the next raid  boss because  he might  drop that great piece of armor.I mean come-on it has a great drop rate  5% . Ask anyone that ever played or still is playing wow  to  see how  good 5% drop rate is.I went 16 times in an instance ( that is 16 different days ) to  get a weapon for a friend. And finally he got  it.It was so fulfilling to hear him so  happy and excited .It was the reward for all the hard work.In  about 3 days he got in a raid and got  a better one.
   There  was a time when a friend from the same guild made me an epic gun for free.It  was nearly  1000 gold to  make it and he  give it to  me for my birthday , best present I got and even today I say it was among the best presents because that guy actually  spent 2 weeks getting the pieces and ingredients  for it. Maybe he was bored and had nothing better to do but  think about it, when was the last time you  spent 2 weeks to make something  as a present for someone ?
Unfortunately there  are the bad times too.
The frustrated elitist priks that think they know all and how the hell did  someone let you  play the game when you have no idea how to play it.You need to  learn the game and read the forums and the support sites and to  understand .. sorry to learn the mechanics of the game.Then and only then you can talk to them and put up with their shit.
Just frustrated people .this ones are frustrated from all sorts of things ranging from work, coworkers, boss,wife,kids etc. They come to  the game just to  frustrate other people and show off how they know everything and  their opinion is to  be valued.
Kids.They are the  worst of all.Kids with no life,no friends just trying to  make some virtual friends and when you do take them in they  will do as all kids do  get older and leave .No respect for helping them with currency getting them gear ,teaching them the game, putting up with them while you  wait for them to  lie to their parents that they dont play  or they are sleeping  and asking all to  keep it down because they have  you  on speakers.
Thiefs. Yes there  thiefs in WoW too.They come to  your guild or instance ad steal all the stuff they can find.
And last there  are the good people.There  are actually good people playing the game but there are  not a lot of them.About 10 on every 100.Just like in real life.This are genuine good people that do  relax with the game play for few hours and off to bed..Mostly this are  older hard working family people. The game is bearable just because of them otherwise it wouldn't be playable.
So you  see that Warcraft is like real life.same kind of people with only distinction here you  can chose who you are  you  can make yourself in any of this characters and be something you are not in real life and you  will start to  love it.That is why we tend to  hide  from life in this games.
But you can always quit a game but cant  quit on life.No matter  how hard you try to  hide for life it will find you  and hit you  in the face.Look at it as life is playing tag with you  only  life make the rules so...
you are IT  :)

The Clown

No comments:

Post a Comment